View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 11:03 AM

Here's a better test.

Put the key in position 2, engine not running.

Hold both AUTO buttons on the pushbutton module for more than ten seconds (takes about twelve on my car) to put it in fan test mode.

Hold the REST button for more than five seconds until the display changes, then use the left AUTO button to change the display until the left side reads 20. The right side should read 10. If not, hold the AUTO buttons again for longer, then change the left side back to 20 (you would probably have moved it when putting the unit into fan test mode). 20 is the control current for the auxiliary fan, and 10 is full power.

Now hook a voltmeter to the pins with the fan disconnected. You should not see full power on that connector. You should see a bunch of voltage spikes for about a half-second, about every six seconds. If you see no voltage at all, the fan control module is likely dead. If you see these spikes, your fan control module still may be bad, but at least you have a hope of it working.

I can't say for sure that you have the part listed in the link. That's a picture of N65/1, and it's located behind the left headlight, if you have it. My car has the N65, which is in the fusebox under the hood, but performs the same function. Newer models use a completely different system.