View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncof300d View Post
For me what happened is that after setting for a while there an air gap formed at the prefilter. When I would start there was a continuous segment of fuel from the prefilter to the injectors. Around 1.5-2 miles the air gap from the leak at the pre filter worked through the IP. There was a small hesitation and then no problem. Mine quit when I backed it out of the garage and left it running. The car was on a slight downward slop the resulted in the tank setting lower. Because more suction was required to bring the fuel to the engine thus the leak ‘revealed’ itself as the fuel lines were sucked dry. You might try parking your car on a slope like this to see what happens. The mechanic told me that he has a fuel cap with an air fitting has he also uses to check for leaks. He uses just 5psi on this cap an any leaking o-ring will be noticed.

I don’t think that the W210 have an in-tank screen like the W123’s.
Now THAT'S what I call a point in the right direction,like an embolism,it's not immediate but when it occurrs it's devastating,I'll try what you suggest.

I CAN tell you that after the car sits there is a visible air space in the clear prefilter line,looks like fuel is running downwards thru the plasic line toward what appears to be some kind of fuel chamber hooked into the cooling system on the side of the engine.
You can see the air space in the pic,should it be full of fuel at all times?

Last edited by Carleton Hughes; 08-22-2006 at 03:19 PM.