Thread: 76 300d value?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 09:08 PM
18 year old benz newbie

oh yeah, my grandfather berated me on buying this car. i didnt even look at it before buying it, said i needed a newer car (honda or toyota) should have gotten something easier to get fixed, etc, etc

if it wasent for him i wouldnt have even gotten this car. he was supose to sell me his old 80 ford monarch for 150. said he'd get it out when he got a battery. i said i would get it, and he said no he would, id been waiting i asked him almost every time i saw him if he got a battery and he would say he'd get it soon. (well this was when i first got my license) wellllll 2 years later i was still waiting for him to get that battery.......... this car was for sell at a sealed auction, starting bid 400, i bid 701.99 (all the money i had at the time)

despite what he says he loves workin on engines and tinking with mechanical stuff, he's the one that fixed my dash lights (non working when i got the car) and fixed my windshield wiper fluid line, he spent about 2 hours on the dash lights

he'll only take his cars to the shop when it is absolutly something he can't do himself
91 Grand Marquis 45,000 miles - Grandparents
97 Ford F150 - 16,000 miles - Grandparents
73 Ford Monarch (parked 65,000 miles - Grandparents