View Single Post
Old 10-09-2001, 07:09 PM
scuba

Quote:
Originally posted by mburman
I don't have an answer for you except to make sure you have the manual for the car. Vacuum sounds like a very good possibility as the culpret, but you'll need the diagrams in the manual to diagnose this. How many miles are on it? Have you tuned the engine? Changed the filters? Its possible that a little routine maintenance may be all it needs.

Good luck!
Thank you very much Michael,

I just bought the Vehicle with 130,000 miles on it.
A guy from Texas owned the Car, and when I looked at it the first time it was in a shop for a new timing chain, fuel injection, rotors and so on.
The Man could not pay the bill of approximately $ 2,800, so I picked up the tab and paid the man about the same amount and the car was mine. Now I'm restoring this Vehicle from the ground up, replacing everything, new steering coupling, ignition look, all the rubber seals and gaskets, top and seats.
I supposed to get it painted in two weeks.
I found out today, after I installed a new cold start, valve that the Valve is not getting any fuel but the car is smelling like gasoline. So now I have to check the fuel pump.
Well I just checked and my spark plugs and there are soaked with fuel and I get a spark on the plugs too, but the car won't start.

Thanks again for your advise

Gunter

Last edited by scuba; 10-09-2001 at 08:10 PM.