View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Beru Plug Replacement 4 Defunct Bosch H9DCO - My Story

Several months ago it was learned by more than one member here that Bosch had decided to eliminate the production of non-resistor plug numbers H9DC & H9DCO. These "non-resistor" plugs were designed for use in many MBs made throughout the 80s and early 90s. The word has always been that many of the MBs from this era required a "non-resistor" plug. As far as I know, all 103 motors use them and if I'm not msitaken, the 102 line as well. There may be others.

Beru(a German parts mfg.) has made the single electrode equivalent for the Bosch H9DC/H9DCO for years. Some MBs once shipped from Germany with them in the motor.

The Beru plug in question here is -> 14 K-7 DFUO (Z18). It's a single electrode plug designed like the Bosch H9DC/H9DCO and again, is the equivalent of said Bosch plug(s).

My research revealed that there was ONE source for this plug in the U. S - kingsborne.com - owner - Warren Hartley. I contacted him on 6/12/06 and order a set. He told me it would be 7-10 days. 3 weeks passed - no plugs. Contacted Warren via email and got the "7-10 day story" again. 2 months passed and still no plugs. Contacted Warren again and no response. He stopped responding to me. I wasn't to concerned as he had not charged my CC account.

Checked the mail box upon returning home last Fri(9/9) and guess what? - 6 Beru plugs sittin' in the mail box - shipped from Kingsborne in California. Only took 3 months - not bad - huh?

I emailed Phil awhile ago and suggested that he load up on these for forum members. Bosch's "resistor" replacement for the H9DC/H9DCO aint' gonna fly if you believe all that's been written about the "non-resistor" requirements for 103 motors.

I'd also like to refer to something posted in another thread. The pointer to it is further down. In it, a member lists several U. S Dist. for Beru plugs. They are all wholesalers with the exception of Kingsborne, and will not sell to individuals.

You may still find the Bosch H9DC/H9DCO listed at the various WEB seller sites, but I have heard first hand from a few diyers that they've received the new Bosch "resistor" plug and not the H9DC/H9DCO plug after ordering the Bosch H9DC/H9DCO. If you can find the Bosch "non-resistor" plug - congratulations. The source is drying up. I've never seen the Beru single electrode equivalent listed at any WEB seller site.

Sorry for what may appear to be rant, but I wanted everyone here to know one persons expereicne in this matter.

Where to buy Beru Plugs in the USA
"Fräulein"

Last edited by Mike Murrell; 09-11-2006 at 02:45 PM.