View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 09:58 PM

Wow, Matt. Beautiful car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
very nice car. I bet the 2 door 123's are great on mileage and zippy to boot!
his was an 84, so 3 liter and turbo, in a short wheelbase two door! cool, I want one!
the guy looked to be in his 70's and he said he has driven it since about 50K, and it is over 400K now. I told him how I would love to have one like that and he said they were pretty rare, good luck finding one for sale.
ahh well.
John
I can't attest yet to mileage, as I need to fix my odometer, but I have enjoyed driving mine in the whole month that I've had it so far. Mine is a 78 300CD, non turbo, but I find she gets off the line just fine for my purposes.

Aesthetically, the coupes have a great profile, IMO.

My paint's not quite as shiny as Matt's, but I think she's got potential. Silver with a dark blue interior. The interior however, will be changing soon, as I have a line on some black seats and black carpet for the coupe. The dash, center console and some of the plastic trim will remain blue. I'm looking at it as a two-tone custom job. The carpet was gone when I bought it, and the orignal leather is in tatters.

Mind you, I'm not going for a complete restoration. I just want to get her looking like a 28-year-old car that was well maintained.

Who knows... I might end up starting a mid-Atlantic chapter of 300CD rescue to take in some of those poor neglected coupes and find them loving homes.