View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake dijkstra View Post
I just finished replacing all small cylinders in the top (12)
I found that if one leaks they will all leak. examination of the seals showed this is just an age issue . they crack. Just so everyone knows these cylinders can be rebuild by good hydraulic shops for about 40 bucks or less each/ (Marion Hydraulics in Ocala Florida).That is as opposed to 190.00 or so each for the least expensive new ones through benz. Dont buy used ones they wont last.
Now that the car is together again(its a pretty straight forward job) It will not sequence correctly.
In essence with the top locked windows up . the windows come down rear window part unlocks and lifts and then the storage cover pulls down instead of up. the sequence stops there , and it can be reversed,
With the top locked open in place nothing happens. I did disconnect the battery to reset the computer,
Anyone have any ideas? All hydraulic lines are numbered and in place.
One last comment . Do not lose the little locking tabs on the cylinders. They are one cent items but Mercedes requires the purchase of a whole new cylinder to replace them.
This while I am sure there is a box somewhere in germany with 10.000 in it. captaindijkstra@aol.com
Please post the contact info for Marion Hydraulics in Ocala-

Thanks-

Bob