View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 07:23 PM

Well, just my thoughts.

1. That Aston Martin is awesome. Of course veryone gawks at it. 911's are pretty common. Astons are uncommon and totally pimp.

2. A 300D Turbo can or should easily do 100. Mine can and I have driven at 100+ for over an hour in the middle of nowehere. Yes, It is stupid.

3. I am surprised you (the speeder) was not arrested or given a C&I (careless & imprudent driving) citation. You need top get an attorney that does municipal law, not your friend who does insurance defense or compliance work and thinks he can write a motion and get you off. Don't count on the cop not showing. Around here at least, they usually do. If they don't the first time, city gets a continuance and then they'll usually show the next time. If you want to fight the fight, you can hire an expert in the radar gun and introduce some testimony, some people are starting to do this because they'e about to lose their license and they need it to make a living. But really, you'll probably get an offer from the city for some $$$ and hopefully no points, maybe have to do some extra credit like go to a "speed kills" class or something. I'm just really surprised you weren't arrested. 30 over around here and you are in cuffs.

4. Any argument against speeding tickets that deal with a municipality or agency being able to issue the ticket is a loser. Its like arguing with the IRS about the FED being able to levy taxes. Its all been done, the arguments are over, they can write tickets, we pay taxes to pay for the ticketbook.