View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
18 year old benz newbie

even though im not sure, sounds like it comes from front right, i have the spare tire in the trunk- ill switch them out tomm (one of the few things i know how to do )

yeah this is my first car - heres a long story of it

- paid 700 for it (701.99 to be exact) at a sealed auction at the technical school i went too. grandfather gave me flack for buying this car (whyd u get this one, not a newer one, its gonna be expensive to maintain, so on and so forth) even though he fixed my dash lights and my windshield washer issue)

anyways i was told the car has 108,000 miles (odo still working) could be more, but i belive it, interior in excellet shape and exterior too, very little rust for a 30 year old car, and before the tech school had it, the car had spent several years at fort campbell base (parking sticker for year was still on front, i think they donated it too the school) car is originally from georgia)

anyways in 4 months of owning it- only a couple of things have needed fixing (NEEDED)

after three weeks of owning it, wouldnt start one day, suspected battery as windows and windshield washers were verrrrrry slow. anyways got a jump and went to dumbass auto parts store (oreilleys and autozone - remember my knowledge about cars is next to nothing) both idiots told me that my car was only pulling 14 amps and the alternator was bad. took it too an alternator rebuild shop here in town, and they told me the idiots had no idea what they were talking about, that i just needed a new battery. well paid the 70 for a battery (maybe a duralast, not sure) and havent had a problem with that since

another problem, car started to roll in park, and would not engage in park, after reading up determined it was shifter bushings (went to my moms mechanic that runs out of his garage and confirmed this) went to mb dealer here in town that amazingly had the shifter bushings and at clips in stock) and fixed the next day, fixed that problem

oh yeah got a cd deck- i think the power line that ran to the radio was shorted out (guy at circuit city ran a new line off the batter hookup (is that bad)

oh yeah and now the noise, which is hopefully the front tire, will check tomm and report back

antenna doesnt work, maybe not hooked up,

oh yeah want to get vac lock fixed if not too expensive (front and back locks work sometimes and sometimes not- think one culprite could be front passenger door- it acts like its sucking all the vacuum hard to pull up and down

oh yeah one more think, front drivers door window gets stuck going down and up (will go down slowly but gets stuck going back up, have to pull on it) maybe bolt? there is definatly something loose in the door, can hear something clank inside when open and close door

welll a lot of rambling, but thats all the info about car to the present
91 Grand Marquis 45,000 miles - Grandparents
97 Ford F150 - 16,000 miles - Grandparents
73 Ford Monarch (parked 65,000 miles - Grandparents