View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 10:46 AM

Going to the MB Dealer, what to expect?

The sunroof has been rattleing in the 560 for about a week now, so I made an appointment with Bob King Pontiac-Buick-GMC-Mercedes of Wilmington, NC. They mailed me a coupon for a free 27 point "safety" inspection. The service advisor said that the sunroof was probably just off track, and if it was they'd fix it for free. Also, they'd grease my power antenna (2 parts of the mast go up but one doesn't), and replace the little rubber grommet at the bottom for the cost of the grommet. I figure that they'll also try to scare me into a '07 S550 by telling me things I already know such as:
1. Oil leak
2. Transmission Fluid Leak
3. Power Steering Leak
4. HVAC- Blower Failure
5. Suspension needs repair
Basically, with the help of this forum, and with my MBUSA CD Manual, I'm trying to work through all of this as best as a local mechanic, who rarely works on anything but a big 3 product in his service station can . What I was wondering about was how to get them to tell me exactly Where the fluids are leaking, and Which suspension parts are shot.
Thanks, Dave.
1994 Cadillac Deville
1985 Lincoln Town Car- Retired

The Official Car of a Realtor- Lincoln Town Car
The Official Car of the Successful Independent Insurance Agent- Mercedes Benz S Class