View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Moderator Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by john affleck View Post
Centrifulgal compressors are all sisters. they are rated by tip speed rather than RPM.. See Entire history of 8th U.S. Air Force; great britain, for abundant affirmation that this is practical. Also I have approval from Vortec Engineeering to inject into the eye of the compressor wheel., Also please see HP books #49, written by one of the developers of the modern supercharger; fellow of the SAE; etc. etc.; also Oldsmobile division of General Motors which marketed (rocket fluid), toi put in the underhood container of your turbo-charged oldsmobile F85. Sorry, but your simply wrong.

The way I see it, turbos are built to ingest and compress air, not water.
Let's say that pre turbo injection has absolutely no adverse effects on the compressor wheel or bearings.... What would be the advantage of going pre turbo versus post turbo?? The objective of water injection is to lower combustion chamber temps. The compressor really doesn't need any cooling since it's sucking in ambient air. Also, I would imagine the centrifugal force would not help in keeping the water atomized.

I'm not saying pre turbo injection will ultimately end in destruction but why take a chance especially if there's no gain..
87 300E (lots of mods)
00 Chevy 3500HD Diesel Box Truck
68 18' Donzi Marine
06 GT i-Drive7 1.0 Mountain Bike (with GPS!)

PREVIOUSLY OWNED:83 300SD, 87 420SEL, 88 420SEL, 90 420SEL, 86 560SEL, 86 190E 2.3-16V AMG, 94 E320