View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 12:35 PM

What do you guys think... new car...

Well, for the past few months, ive been driving my dad's 92 300E. And well, its time to buy another car, so that we can all have our own cars. Well, my dad went out to look at some new ones, and he was leaning towards a new Daewoo... cause its cheap. And, well, I just couldn't let him do that, I mean, I would take the benz, and he would have to puddle around in a Daewoo. So we started looking for other cars. Now, I have the opportunity to buy a 97 Jetta VR6. What do you guys think about this car? Its almost identical engine specs as the 300E. I looked around, and I found a few mods that will put me at around 220 HP. And, on the plus side, its a stick. Beside not having an auto, the car is fully decked out, and has 43k miles. I know I will be giving up a Mercedes, but... I like driving fast, actually, I liking getting from 0-100 fast. Can't go much over that in Austin, because there are just too many lights. I would have liked a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, but, unfortunetaly, being 16, the insurance was going to be the price of the car, so... that basically removed all 2 doors. I was looking at a volvo 850 Turbo, but it turns out those have tranny problems, and you can't powerslide with frontwheeldrive. So yea, what do you guys think about a 97 Jetta VR6?