View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 01:39 PM

Woa now, lets get something straight. I only powerslide on the track, and Ive gone 0-100 only about 5 times when on a 6 lane divided highway (Southwest Pkwy)... when all 6 lanes are empty. (12-3 in the morning) I would NEVER do anything that would recklessly endanger the lives of other road goers. Ive seen the consequences of street racing, and I NEVER go over the speed limit in areas where there are other people driving along. With that said, I still like going fast, and I wouldn't mind shaving a few seconds off my lap times, but im just not stupid. Now, as far as WRXs are concerned, I would really really like one, but I just don't have the money. I have around 11k to spend on this car. What do you guys think though? My dad hates 190s, so those are out... In a perfect world, I would just get another 300E or 400E from the same time period. However, all the cars I have seen so far have really high mileage, and though I know a Mercedes will last forver, I just don't wanna put down the money, well half of the car's price anyway, on a vehicle with 150K+ miles on it. So yea, anyone driven a Jetta 3? Do they feel like a benz?