View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
If my memory serves me a timing belt job on a Ferrari Testarossa costs about $5k these days and needs to be done like every 5 years regardless of mileage. You need to lift the car off the engine, it's decent amount of work.

A timing belt on say a Honda Accord needs to be done every 100k miles now, anyone know what it costs to change? I'll wag $500. Most Honda owners will complain.

Do most Ferrari owners complain? The cheap ones do, most don't care. Its simply the what it costs to play. Rolls Royce are no better, if not worst, a good joke is if you buy a $20k Rolls throw in another $20k and you can drive it!

My motto is this, if you want to play with the big boys and own a Mercedes, Ferrari, P car, Jag, Royce whatever, you have to pay with them too.

One should not complain when there $80k S500 blows the evap core and needs $2k to correct. If its such a big deal to you then you probably shouldn't own any high end car, buy a Honda. Lifes to short to worry about crap like that.
Totally agree with everything you just said. Just an FYI. Timing belt and waterpump on most Honda's is about $300 or so at a dealership. At least that was the price when I was doing Japanese cars in College.

I don't know about the V12's as im not quite that brave on a first Ferrari but on the V8's the timing belt is taken care of during the 30K service. Every 30K miles the engine is removed from the car and every belt and hose is changed as well as a number of other parts. Depending on the engine that can run you about $12K. An Engine rebuild is $30-40K.