View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derherr65 View Post
You missed the solution RASHAKOR and I agreed on... stock tires. You can have as much torque as you like without hurting anything as long as you keep stock tires on it. As evidenced by our driving experience, and I'm sure yours, stock tires will spin before anything breaks. It does not matter whether your engine has 200ftlbs or 700ftlbs, the tires only allow 150ftlbs(let's assume) to be transferred. That means the suspension and drivetrain are only under the force from those 150ftlbs.

It may seem counter intuitive at first, but check with a few drag racers. You can double engine power and race without breaking anything, until you upgrade the tires or suspension for more traction.
hahaha I did miss that... makes sense I guess.... but I don't want to have to keep buying tires

As for the amazing cars in Finland... I remember reading about manditory tranny rebuilds every 10K mi on one of the sites... that pretty much negates any benefit as far as i'm concerned... maybe I'm wrong about that though.. Also, what are you gonna do with all that power with stock gearing ???? Is there any way to put a 5-speed behind a 617? 5 speed with long legs in the rear end might make that extra juice useable (read: fast cross-country trips).