View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Razorback Soccer Dad

Many years ago I got burnt out and took one of those "self-imposed sabbaticals"...I was a mid-year junior when i did that.

The bad part was the gravy-train guaranteed student loan program dried up (Carter left and Reagan took over) and was harder to obtain. When I decided to finish, I had to take on a couple of part-time jobs and night school to get back on track.

Long story short...took an additional 3 years to complete.

Now I was in a technical program (mechanical engineering) so math was a lifestyle. But looking back, I attribute my attitude to laziness, not being burnt out. Despite the studying and pressure to succeed, I think the college experience is a piece of cake compared to life.

When you consider how the US has outsourced just about everything except some basic services, I can't imagine how anyone could consider striking out in corporate America without a degree.

Now if you think you have the moxie to start your own venture capital, that's another story...but it will be difficult to find investors willing to hand over funds to a math-illiterate college dropout...
2016 Mustang (32K) - Daughter's car