View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 PM

I have found the problem, at least it looks like it. There is a plug on the exhaust manifold as mentioned earlier in the post by Dieseldiehard. I checked the fuel pump, fuel came pouring out when engine was turned over, then cracked all the injector lines and all were getting wet fairly quickly, and then I removed the exhaust port plug. It starts like normal now without the plug. The engine just will not go above 1700 RPM's or so, but this would seem normal to me if the exhaust hole is maybe 1/2 inch. Diesels need a lot of air coming in and also going out. I will have the middle muffler/cat removed tomorrow and replaced by a straight piece. As soon as I even put the plug in only loose, it would not start. I used all original MB metal fuel line direct from the dealer thru Phil, who supports this site. Believe me it does look like a toatally plugged cat. PO drove the car to work when it rained, maybe 300 yards! Thanks for all your help especially Dieseldiehard. Things get scary when one runs out of ideas as to what is wrong with the car. Fortunately there are people on this site that gives one almost endless ideas as to solutions to problems. I will post again as to the result of removing the Cat.