View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:31 PM

A temporarily permanent repair that has worked for me is to us Shoe Goo to seal the connection. You will need to put some alcohol (non-consumptive) on a rag and wipe the area down to remove oils, dirt, coolant residue, etc., then apply a moderately generous amount. Follow the directions for set up time. Shoe Goo is pretty common and can be found at discount stores and such.
As I said, it is temporarily permanent because I have used it to repair a hole in an old rear tractor tire and the connection to our window washer fluid line that broke at the reservoir cap years ago. The w/w fluid line needs redoing, mostly from having to manipulate it so much during the repairs recently done and the fact that the reservoir cap is opened to add fluid. The tire is still going strong.
I did the original repairs with Shoe Goo because I had nothing else at hand and wanted an immediate temporary repair until I could do something better, such as get to the dealer to order new parts, which I didn't do because the Shoe Goo kept working. Shoe Goo is not a proper repair but it is some amazing stuff.

Jim W.