View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
I don't see anything amiss, other than the fact that you really have to pull up pretty hard to get the panel to unclip from the window channel.

Matt, thanks for commenting. My panel comes off pretty easily...several clips are missing and I need to order some of each style.

The driver's door on this car is a bit of a mess internally. Somebody backed into it a few years ago and the dealer performing the repair work was piggy about the repair, if I may. The insulation pad is missing from the door cavity and the door sounds like a tin can when closed. On top of that, my driver's window "popped" yesterday and I had to remove the panel a 2nd time. (These pictures were taken a few weeks ago).

Here's yesterday's mess:

I re-attached the mechanism using three short screws inserted from the backside. I can't decide if I am going to declare this a "permanent" fix. I cannot believe how shoddy the assembly is. This mechanism may have been riveted in place previously during another repair attempt. Much to my suprise, the window functions flawlessly apart from the pinch protection which I can't seem to reset.