View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 11:40 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

carefully inspect the headliner on the drivers side of the sunvisor. if there are signs of water, prepare for a rusted out sunroof drain... how do I know?...
look over VERY CAREFULLY the front and rear window seals. look at the condition of the sunroof seals, simple to change... sorta, but bad ones can damage the paint all around the sunroof.
check for rust or bubbles under the undercoating on the frame, the jackpoints, etc.
on a COLD engine, let the glowplugs heat up, then see how long it takes to start. should be almost immediate.
I have found common places of rust on all my 123's is fore and aft of the wheels on the fenders. hard to spot unless you are looking there.
also the drip area of the doors themselves. you may have to pull back the lower door seal to see it, but if there is a lot of rust there it's kinda hard to fix.
Next!
John

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!