View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 05:01 PM

Agreed. It is funny to think that the best cars are German and Japanese. I mean what else these countries have in common...

I think China will be at the same place Japan is in the next 20 years. the whole reason for the better production in Germany and Japan, is the oldest industry facilities they have are what, 60 years old now... verses the over 100 year old industry facilities we have here in the USA. Chinas industry is even younger. It seems it takes some time for industry to mature. Once they have matured they will be producing some good products...

That said the Chinese don't have strong copyright laws. Not talking about movies, but on any product. There is nothing stopping a Chinese company from taking a Mercedes and tearing it apart and using it as a template for a few million cars. They have no idea of patens. So the problem is will you be getting a Mercedes from China, or a Mercades?