View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctaylor738 View Post
Have you checked the change in the resistance values when you move the temp wheel from cold to hot? What do you get?

Also, for $5, George Murphy at Performance Analysis will sell you a very good troubleshooting guide with a lot of additional information about the system. He is also good on the phone, 865-482-9175.

Doesn't a diode act like a one way gate in current flow? If it goes bad, no signal to the servo to move to heat.

I feel your pain, I had the same thing in my miserable '81. It took a servo, amp, pushbutton unit, and a flush of the heater core to get it going.

BTW - your fuses are good, aren't they? Sorry, I had to ask.
The wheel & the other sensors all have resistance well within the ranges spec'd by the mbz cd info. I think I'll give George a call later today; thanks for that tip. I'm very curious to see what he has to say about the diode & if these symptoms can be caused by it. It acts like a wiring problem almost, since even with the pushbutton switch in off when you turn the key the servo immediately drive to the extreme (which I assume is full cool) & won't budge regardless of thumbwheel adjustment OR temps @ other sensors. And yea, the fuses are okay. You can't assume anything.