View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 03:13 AM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

The 20th works for me guys! Might be nice to use the 27th as a back up date incase its pouring rain... which is no big deal, but it certainly makes for a less pleasant drive esp for those coming from a distance.

I think meeting at the Marin County Civic Center will work fine. There is a larger parking lot there for us to meet at and its right off of highway 101.

Id say a good time to meet might be 9:30am or so? Leaves enough time to wrap up before dark. Im open to the time so chime in guys!

Here are directions to the Civic Center for those unfamiliar with the area:
http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/is/main/CivicCenterDirections.cfm

As for the drive, here is my proposal from a previous post:

Leg 1.
Depart from Marin County Civic Center
Head West on N. San Pedro Rd. (crossing over 101)
L. on Los Ranchitos Rd./Lincoln Ave.
Right on 4th Street (downtown San Rafael) which turns into Sir Francis Drake blvd.
Right on Nicasio Valley Road.
Left on Point Reyes st. Road/D Street
Left on Highway 1, head south through the town of Pt. Reyes Station.
Right onto Sir Francis Drake blvd. heading northwest through the town of Inverness out to the Point Reyes Natl. Seashore.
Lets go to the lighthouse!
http://www.goldengatejeeptours.com/i...ouse_sun_3.jpg

Leg 2.
Return on Sir Francis Drake blv. to highway 1.
Right onto highway 1 headed south.
Right onto Olema Bolinas Road
Olema Bolinas road takes us straight into the heart of Bolinas, and to the doorstep of the Coast Cafe.

Leg 3.

Return on Olema Bolinas Road to highway 1.
Right onto highway 1.
Highway 1 leads us through Stinson Beach, up and over the coastal range back to highway 101.
Take 101 south towards the Golden Gate Bridge/G.G. National recreation area... perhaps for photo ops etc... theres a spot under the n. side of the bridge with views of the city etc...

The Coast Cafe in Bolinas is about as nice and cozy as u can get on any coastal day... super casual and chill, fireplace, light foods to rich delicious Steaks, beer, coffee etc.. all reasonably priced. www.bolinascafe.com

I can print out maps of the route for each car in the group in case we get split up for some reason or another and to ease curious minds of where we exactly are while en route.

SAC AREA GUYS!
We should caravan to the Civic Center, yes?

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu

Last edited by Veloce300DT; 12-04-2006 at 03:23 AM.