View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Don't Tread on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjewell View Post
I found the vacuum leaks causing the fan not to run in any position but DEF; now it works. BUT......... the servo still drives full cool in auto regardless of thumbwheel settings. I've got yet another amplifier on the way to me in the mail. Hopefully it will solve this. I would like to know how to rebuild the servo also. Can you provide info on how you did it? Maybe dialectric grease would work for you on the wiper. Might need a higher temp rated grease on the lower servo motor gear. A guy on eBay that rebuild these wouldn't share his info.
Basically trial and error approach. I disassembled my old one to see how it worked. Then I bought an old one on ebay and between the 2 put 1 together. The hard part was to sync the "wiper arm" with the plunger valve. Not sure if I could explain what I did to get it to work, basically the opposite of what you would think. In the park position of the arm, I unscrewed the valve to the up position(heat valve open) then assembled the unit. Also there is what looks like a potentiometer on the upper contact plate with a mesh gear to the servo drive gears. Fiddling with that in conjunction with the wiper arm and plunger valve seems to have done it. My original thought was to have the valve closed in the park position, but that didn't seem to work. I don't know if any of this helps you but it's the best I can do. Information is very scare on the inner workings of the servo and some documentation is definitely needed. Hopefully mine will continue to work through the winter especially since in will be garaged most of the time.

Last edited by 450slcguy; 12-04-2006 at 02:20 PM.