Thread: Oedipus Wrecks
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 05:37 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450slcguy View Post
I liked the old guy, was a good president a fine leader. Not too sure what he was all broken up about in that video though. Almost like Jeb died or something.

As for the current Bush, does anyone believe he's going to "change the course" in Iraq? Personally, I think he's gonna snub most of the advice he's received from the committee and continue on the "stay the course" route. With the Exception perhaps of increasing troop strength, which will undoubtedly have little to no results at this stage in the war.

I believe the only way to get out of Iraq is to let the Iraqi army take over, although after 3+ years of training troops they don't seem to have the loyalty needed to do the job and I doubt they ever will. There will be no troop withdrawals in Iraq while GWB is president. He will run our military into the ground and hand the mess over to the next president to decide what to do. George has never admitted the mistakes he's made and he never will.
i liked the old man. he had good qualities. but he was just average at best. he only looks like a genius in comparison.

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.