View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 05:16 AM
Geeeeenious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhughes3 View Post
More than cool my son....they ROCK!
Wish I still had mine...one of these days I'll help my buddy rebuild his diesel IH Scout with an MB engine. Ultimate combo.

John
Funny you should mention that John,... I'm pondering that swap right now. The ol' girl spun a cam bearing not long ago and after aquiring the Benz, I'm thinking of adding Diesels to the fleet, then make my own fuel. Tell the oil barons to lick my.... you know.

Anyway, with what little internet time I've had lateley I've been over on the binder bulletin website looking at that possibility. I might have a line on a turbo'd 300D that would be best served to be canabilized. And depending how that went, I'd think about swapping out my 440's in the Dodges. But those motors would have to be much larger than our car engines.

Back to the subject at hand though.

Dog; I'll look at/for the synthetic. I never noticed a difference when I tried it in my gassers, but I've run mostly Castrol GTX, which is as close to the Amsoil as available "over the counter". This is the first real Diesel I've owned. (I don't count that Chevy LUV thing I had, though sometimes I regret letting my brother borrow/wreck it. )

Monk; I've thought of an analsys, but I think I'll wait until I've run some miles of my own driving on some new oil first. As for the beauty out here, it is nice.... for now. I'm affraid that in 20 ears it will look like the SF Bay area, drive 100 miles and never know ya left town. Too bad out state doesn't market itself accurately to those interested in moving here.

So,... is that air pressure thing normal? Thaks everyone! Love the discussions on here.

My stable also includes:
2003 Honda Odyssey - Wife's van
1976 IH Scout 2 - SUV recovery vehicle
1967 Dodge W200 - The big block hauler (440/4sp.)
1966 Dodge D100 - The Redneck Racecar (440/727)
1925 Dodge Roadster - My electric car canidate

True health starts here