View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 09:40 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgburg View Post
Razor blades and box cutters - 4

Unarmed passengers/pilots/crew - 0

Here's an idea (It works just like some of the logic that runs rampant in our own Congress and with some lawyers!)

Let's strap a Kevlar-encased Bomb-vest (filled with just enough explosives to kill the wearer only) onto EVERY PASSENGER that hops aboard an airliner in the US. It will detonate if:

1.) the wearer trys to remove it (fasteners will be on the back - key-activated by pre-boarding personnel only)

2.) the Captain/Head-Crew member determines the wearer is an in-flight risk to the flight itself.

This way, we've handled everything - everyone's guilty - there's no one being innocent - you've been "wired" for the end, just in case it's been determined you don't need to see the end...

We've eliminated all the long lines and invasive searches of the non-guilty party during the pre-boarding and such.

And, if your luggage has anything weird in it - you have only a few minutes to get out of line and explain yourself - or....

And, if you're alive at the end of the flight, you get to collect your luggage. (Provided it got onto the same flight w/you!)

No need to arm the pilots, they have the key to "end" any crisis before it gets too wierd!!

"Let's not punish the evil-doer...let's make everyone "responsible" for everyone's else's safety."

you have got to be delusional if you think this could ever happen!

the consequences of an accident will not allow it to happen.

if reason and sanity do not prevent it the insurance carriers will!

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.