View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL View Post
Well, one thing I immediately liked about our Mercedes was their mechanical nature. Well, you can't get much more mechanical than old vintage fans. They have an odd beauty coupled with the fact that they can work for a living also....
I inherited 3 fans from 2 sets of my grand parents, and that started my interest. Just last night we had a bunch of folks over, and people always like to look at them. (not all of course)
Funny thing, to relate this to MB's:
Last night I heard the wife telling a bunch of other folks she was talking to, "Yea, I remember when I used to complain when another fan showed up from UPS. Now he collects things that he drives home or brings them on a trailer...."
a good friend of mine in duluth mn. also colllects fans. driven by hot air motors. he has made / sold quite a few kits for folks that are mechanically sound, so they can make their own. excellent castings and stuff, super detail drawings made professionally on sutocad. im trying to remember the name of the fan but it slips my mine. maybe its "lake breeze" from the early 1900's. i could get you in touch with him if you would like. email me privately mbtukapa@cheqnet.net drop the "mb"
davidh