View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retx View Post
well its absolutely impossible to say when we will run out. with sketchy reporting of actual amounts in reserves from nearly every holding company, its pretty unlikely we will ever know how much is actually usuable. its not so much a matter of when we will as it is that we WILL run out.

which is why we need more biodiesel pumps around the country. and one's that arent necessarily marking it up so much that people get disenchanted and stop buying it.
Agreed. However, when you cannot peg a date to it reliably, it becomes a harder sell. We all know it will run out. However, when you have reports that say 10 years and 30 has passed and now you have more and more saying this, that or the other, it becomes hard to believe which one is the right one. Hence, it is still the little boy crying wolf.

The problem is that they are not forced to compete, really. Look at Prairiefire Biofuels in Madison. During thye summer, I would have to pay $150 a year for the privilege of buying B100 at a price of over $0.55 a gal more than D2. As a non member, I would have to pay over $0.75 a gal. Look at their prices today. I can get D2 for $2.59. Why would I pay $150 for the privilege of buying it for $2.77? Why would I, as a non member want to buy it for $3.12? How are they in business? Well, there are enough nuts that will pay for it. Like you said, you'd take a slow selling but more profitable product over a faster selling product. Some will and some won't. They will and did. As long as there are nuts out there that will pay thru the nose, they will sell it at those prices. I would. As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted. They claim to want to promote B100. At the rate they are going, all that will buy it are the nuts that are already convinced and not Joe Public
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow