View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorebilly View Post
But.....that 10 to 15 cent increase, primarily due to a lack of competition in the Petro Diesel market.....has made it just that much cheaper for me to use Bio Diesel......I will be making my own here shortly.....and will just wave at those stations as I pass them by......

So if your customers decide to pass you by....because you took what the traffic would bear, rather than being fair and interested in an alternative that would be good for us all.....please don't whine too loudly!!!
So far, what I have seen more markups of are in the Biodiesel sellers because they can. I have seen higher costs by that much but that is because the station I frequent has a good location by the interstate whereas most of the other diesel stations are in town and there are only a few of them and their product moves very slowly. I get diesel for $2.59 today. Look at this price. Well, if you can make it work, time wise and all that, go for it. Don't bother to wave to the gas stations since they will be too busy filling up others to notice you or care.

I wouldn't. You cannot expect a station to cover everything. My fav (read cheapest) station has Pepsi products. I am a Coke person. It would be nice if they carried Coke too but the problem is the traffic dictated what they should carry if there was a choice. I'd like to carry every product known to man just to cover all bases but reality bites. They have 3 tanks for the 3 grades of gas. 1 for diesel and you want them to stock one more diesel? One that doesn't move as much? And oh, don't charge too much either. You want fries with that? My warehouse is limited in space. I cannot buy everything and stock it just in case someone wants this. Man's wants are many however his resources are limited. Sometimes you have to make a choice. Business is about making money. That means I have to make choices that might be unpopular to some but popular to most, in general.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow