View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 PM

Meyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyel View Post
I love these responses, which are quite common, that essentially say "buy the highest price, it's safer". There are companies in this world who price high just to target people with such a philosophy, when there is no discernable quality difference. The question was "how does the quality compare", not "is it wise to always pay the highest price". I'm skeptical that Meyle should be ruled out just because of low price - I've had several good experiences with them on other items. Having a "high price is safe" philosophy is everyone's privilege - but the question here pertained to quality.
Several good experiences doesn't mean quality. Several hundred does. I can't tell you how many meyle balljoints have been broken in the shop while being pressed back in. Broken tie rods, worn control arm bushings, broken motormounts after a few thousand miles...the list goes on and not just suspension parts. I have yet another box full of broken parts just for the Meyle reps when they make thier yearly visit from Germany to all the local indy shops. Lemfoerder is superior.
Paul