View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendogg View Post
One more thing I noticed on the drive home. The heater went to cold once I got up to speed. I notice it has a heater control valve, do these go bad like older BMW 5 series, whereas at a stop you have heat, but cruising at speed you don't?

Also-, my temp gauge never even makes it to the first line. There is what looks to be a temp sensor on the front of the engine, passengers side, but all it is mounted to is a metal bracket, and this is not hooked up? There is a wire there for it, but the other end of that wire is not hooked up either, and I cannot for the life of me see what it could be hooked to. Any idea's? Hopefully I'll be able to identify that part tomorrow with the service manual I pick up.
The former problem requires you to pull out the monovalve piston and diaphragm and replace it. They suffer a tear in the rubber and the symptoms are identical to what you've stated.

The temperature sensor for the gauge is mounted on the driver's side of the head, right about cylinder #3. Disconnect the wire and see what the gauge does. Then ground the wire and see what the gauge does.