View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Did I miss something...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendogg View Post
After about 3 minutes of diag, I've concluded that my glow plugs are all dead, all ohming out over 50k ohms, the wiring is good from the plug to the glow plugs, and the relay is putting out 12v to all 5 glow plug wires. What/where is the best place to buy glow plugs from?
The car is in decent shape. Has 123k on it, body is alright for the most part. Tune-up time for sure, I'm not too awful familiar with these cars. How many fuel filters are there? I see there is one filter, then also a fuel-water separator, that unfortunately, somebody has bypassed, that I need to repair asap. Is there a replaceable filter element inside the water separator, or is it just an open filter setup?
So far, my maintenance list consists of the following:
Glow plugs / fuel filters / oil/filter change / power steering fluid and filter change / air filter / rear diff fluid change / valve adjustment
Anything else I should be looking into doing? I plan on doing a complete fluid/filter change on everything, a valve adjustment, and repairing the glow plug system. I see it has the bullet fuse box setup like my BMW E28 5 series did, so I need to go thru and clean all of those contacts, but other than that, hopefully she should be good to go. Look forward t being here everybody, and thanks for any help in advance!!!
Do these engines ever come out of time?Should I be timing the injection pump while I'm doing my maintenance?
BTW - what is the best repair manual?
Enthusiast book from the 45 years of "the Star" technical Magazine ,covers 45 years of models. This is what was recommended to me, should I go with it?
You really got your questions in didn't ya! But even with all the information you included, I must ask:
Q1 - Is this car new to you?
Q2 - When was the last time the engine was running?
Regards,