View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned

While you are still working on getting the engine to run more smoothly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendogg View Post
OK, that makes sence. I bought Rotella 15W-40, I'll probably buy a synthetic once I know everything is in tip-top shape. It's been running now for 3+ hours, and gets beter every time I go to drive it down the road.
I've been told that these transmissions seem to shift fairly hard the way they are, it seems 1-2 and maybe it's the 2-3 uphisft are fine, but not too long after it hits 3rd it shifts real hard, but feels like the trans is hitting something, but I've been told this is near normal? Are these a 3 speed or 4 speed auto? I can definitely tell it's like alot of other Merc trans's, it starts in 2nd unless your in L and floored. Maybe I'm feeling broken moor/trans mounts, and maybe the trans seems to torque over just right causing the bang when hitting 3rd or 4th than I'm noticing?
Is tehre any kind of TV or kickdown cables on these trans's that can be adjusted, maybe a previous owner played with things to make it shift harder?
... while you are still at this stage of getting the cobwebs out of your fuel system, particularly the Injection Pump (IP) and injectors, I would recommend a couple of 500 ml cans of "Diesel Purge"... and make sure you run this straight thru and recycled back thru. This means disconnecting the fuel supply and return lines and NOT just dumping the purge chemical into the tank. This should be done before you change out both fuel filters. I promise you will never regret performing this fuel pump/injector cleaning procedure. There are good POSTs on this FORUM with pictures for this.
Regards,