View Single Post
Old 11-16-2001, 08:01 AM

Yeah....I asked them to fix the transmission cooler hose FIRST...then said that I wanted the timing set and the carbs balanced...I also DID want to know what the car would need to pass the safety inspection....so..they did the inspection FIRST, then decided that the car is JUNK and it didn't make sense for them to continue with the other work.
When they called...they were basically through with the car FOR GOOD. The man EXAGGERATED the above list to sound 50 times WORSE, so I didn't see the point in saving it either. HE said that " the ENTIRE underbody is COMPLETELY rusted out and it'd would need the ENTIRE undercarriage COMPLETELY rebuilt, which would be 5-6000$..." Meanwhile, from what I can tell from the mechanic report, it's just specific LOCATIONS...."...and we need you to pick up your car IMMEDIATELY....oh...why don't go ahead and pay over the phone with a credit card.." They didn't even want to DEAL with me...So, by this time I was so offended and let down that asking them to continue working on the car wasn't an option...

So..mechanically, I don't have a CLUE....STILL...as to what is wrong with it.

I want to keep it and little by little try to work on it...but I'm having serious doubts that I will be able to..

~Christy