View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Sportlines

I agree, but with this caveat. If you are certain that the non-manufacturer labeled product meets the mfg. spec, and you can find it locally or via the internet for less money, then why not save the money? I do that with coolant. Zerex G05 is identical. Matter fact just 2 gallons at Autozone for $11.00 each with a $5.00 rebate each. My point was meant to address the amount of time and effort spent to save a minute amount of money.

For instance, the reference to Fuchs. According to their website the have no presence in North America. If that's true then it's probably not available.

I took my '97S320, newly acquired, to an independent shop with an excellent reputation.
I had them replace the lower control arm bushings. I inquired about transmission service, 722.6. Their price was very attractive until the owner said that he didn't buy the special transmission fluid requirement. He said he simply used synthetic fluid. He has done this for years with no problems, according to him. However, he is not the one that is going to have to pay to fix failed transmissions.

I decided to do it myself. Fluid was $11.50 per liter. There was no other alternative fluid that met the criteria and was available. I bought the gasket and filter on-line.

Steve