View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCM View Post
I had the same problem and took out the passenger door latch to find the problem. It wasn't until then that I found out that there was NOTHING WRONG. Turns out that the passenger door cannot be locked from the inside if the driver's door is unlocked. The inside and outside locks on the driver's door locks both doors. The driver's door is the master lock. The owner's manual says nothing about this. Evidently this weird operation are those crafty Germans saving us from locking our keys in the car. You also cannot lock either door from the inside and shut the door. The key must be used to lock the doors at all times.
I suspected it might just be the way it's designed, but usually they do make it so you can manually lock the passenger door from inside if the passenger door is already shut...just not if it is open.

I guess it's just a quirk of the 300CD, but maybe because there are only 2 doors they purposely made it harder to lock the keys in than in the 4 door cars which you can manually over-ride the lock on but have 2 back doors that will stay unlocked in case you somehow manage to lock the keys in that way.

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz