View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 09:05 PM

Thank you guys for your advice. I am a beginner and find the thing a bit confusing... Bleeding the brake system for instance... Do I buy a power bleeder, do I use the traditional method (a second person pumping on the brake pedal), do I make my own device? These are the types of puzzling choices I was referring to. I've never done it, so I have no idea how difficult and would appreciate some practical pointers. Can I do the work jacking up one wheel at a time? I don't have standing jacks and there's really no extra space I can use in my apartment or common-area garage for that type of thing... Is it something that requires a lot of extra special tools? In which case I'd probably be better off taking the car to someone to perform the job for me. Oil change, transmission/differential fluid change were easy... but brake maintenance... I need to find out if it is something within my reach and something I can do without spending a fortune on specialized tools... it is on these points that I'd much appreciate your opinions and suggestions...

Thanks,
Rino