View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Jim in Phoenix

ML320 plug change./WARNING

I think it is in keeping with the spirit of this forum, if I add the disclaimer that although the above worked for me, I make no representations whatsoever that this is the complete, correct, factory-approved procedure and will not cause damage to your vehicle and / or bodily injury to yourself. Always take all necessary safetly precautions before performing any work on your car.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the great write up. Prying the plug wires off worked well using just a regular 17mm combo wrench, as you describe. My plugs were not that tight. I removed the driver's side coil pack for better freedom to wrench.

A WARNING, totally off the wall with regard to changing plugs. The surge line from the radiator to the expansion tank is very vulnerable to anyone climbing up on top of the engine to get a better pull on something. I broke the little nipple off the plastic header on the radiator and didn't even know it. It is unsupported and PLASTIC! luckily, i was able to tap some threads and then seal/support it with some JB Weld

Jim in PHoenix