View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Hi Adam and Bod

Adam, thank you very much for your welcome. It's funny, I was a professional photographer for a number of years before moving over into the graphic design industry and while I have many pictures of my previous vehicles and I really taken many of my Limited yet. I bought in December of 2005. I promise to this spring when the weather is kinder and I can get my summer EVO wheels back on it. I will also be able to show you the mods then.

These mods aren't anything too crazy - all cosmetic stuff and because it is a Limited, I didn't want to do anything to it that couldn't be changed back. So far I have added an S600 style grille insert which has a very small silver/black checker pattern I guess to kind of mimic carbon fibre but not really. I think it looks great so much so I created the pattern and had some vinyl graphics done. I then applied the graphics to the windshield wiper as well as the head light wipers. Also, I had my mechanic wire in a secondary switch so I can stop my windshield wiper in the middle of the window (like a German DTM race car) when I drive. I took some of that silver aluminum duct tape and cut two long 1/2" wide strips and applied them to the two louvers on the front valence under the bumper between the driving lights to carry the theme of the 6 chrome slats on my grille. I added a "Limited" emblem to the other side of the trunk back. My car also came with the dealer accessory rear side window sunshades that while I wish they looked better, they are still pretty cool to compliment the back sunshade. Lastly, I put on my all clear tail lights that I had on my previous 300E. I love these things - there is not one spot of red anywhere on my car - brake and tail lights off of course. Oh ya, I also painted my calipers yellow. My Limited is the Midnight blue colour. In case you didn't know, the Limited only came in the Dark blue or Silver. Really wish I had found a silver one but I am not complaining.

Just this morning I purchased 2 "V8" badges on Ebay I plan to but just behind the front wheel house openings and I also purchased a Porsche emblem I am thinking to add somewhere along with graphics that say "Made by". I noticed on Ebay someone is selling paintable mirror covers with the led turn signals in them. Does any one here have these? I do know the LEDs will set off the light out bulb on the instrument panel but my mechanic thinks that if he puts a lower wattage bulb in the reverse lights that might solve it.

Bob, my snow chains switch is on the dash second from the right. The furthest right switch is for the rear interior light.

I should warm you guys, if you get me started talking about these cars I don't know when to shut up. Consider yourselves warned. ;¬)

Thanks again for the welcome to the forum. Hope to have pictures soon... if only it would stop snowing.

Cheers,
Craig

1994 E500 Limited
1950 Porsche Speedster kit car