View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 09:59 PM

Checking ou the new ride.

Greetings All,

Just doing an update on my new Baby the '84 300SD Seeing as I seem to work 24/7 and my shift yesterday was 8-11 the wife got to pick up my new toy. Of course the weather called for sleet, snow and blowing **** all night long, so by the time I got home around 11:45pm it had done all of the above and I just go to look and sit inside my new ride. I took it out tonight after I got home, around 7 pm and it seems to be a whole lot different than a non-turbo diesel. I do have a question about when the turbo kicks in etc. Seems like it depends on how you accelerate as far as how the turbo reacts. Steady pedal pressure cause quite sudden thrust forward while medium pressure seems to cause the wastegate to close and shifting from let's say second to third there is a shift then slow like turbo not reacting motion then small amount of acceleration. Does this sound familar to anyone? If you keep steady pressure on the pedal it seems like just acceleration till you get to your given speed. I'll have to take it out again tommorrow for a road trip, (I'm off work) and see how this thing really performs. I know going up the steep hill out of our subdivision it kicks butt at half throttle doing 45mph compared to just barely over 25mph on the non-turbo model. I think I can get use to this real quick. I'll keep you posted on this beauty. It was nice that the PO included the four piece floor mat set, nice $100.00 kick.

Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Difference between a 123 and 126 , 300D /300SD-left-front.jpg