View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by probear View Post
Not 'blend' as in RUG. Blending as in WVO and Bio-d or #2. I won't run a RUG blend, and especially using heated injector lines.

Heating the veggy is Less of an issue with the Bosch PES IP on the Mercedes....

These pumps will practically pump molasses if given the chance (Ask me how I know! )

The main issue is the fuel Viscosity at the Injector Nozzle inside the engine for atomisation....

This will be at whatever temp the cylinder-head is at, and no amount of Fatty's heaters will alter that. What they May do is thin the veggy temporaraly while on the way to the Injector. There May also be a 'Histerysis' effect on Viscosity however even after cooling which could work to advantage while using line-heaters...I need to confirm this hopefully later this year with access to proper test-facilities

RUG blends are Much to be preferred to Nos.2 and veggy blends. Stick to Under 15% RUG whether you have line-heaters or not, and all should be well....

FWIW, Its NO good using fuel-Injectors that have done More than around 50-60K miles, You'll be really dissapointed after 500-800 miles when it refuses to start cleanly and smokes even when hot, as well as the economy dropping like a stone

You'll also need a Timing Alteration for veggy/BioBlends. It has been determined by testing around 4 degrees Extra advance is a good setting

Alastair AKA H.C.II South Wales, U.K. based member

W123, 1985 300TD Wagon, 256K,
-Most recent M.B. purchase, Cost-a-plenty, Gulps BioDiesel extravagantly, and I love it like an old dog.

W114, 1975 280E Custard Yellow,
-Great above decks needs chassis welding--Really will do it this year....