View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM

Hi all!

I recently purchased a 1995 E320 and first things I noticed was the oil leak. It only has 109K miles. I found this site and for the last week and a half been glued to my computer screen soaking in all the knowledge on this board! Thanks btw!!

After reading about the usual headgasket problem I took it to a shop that we've been taking our cars to for the past couple of three years and the mechanic there said he's worked on Mercedes before and after checking the E320 out said it's the headgasket. He let me also know that at this point it's not a crucial repair but might be if put off too long.

After reading from this site, it sounded like.. well sound advice. So I felt good enough and asked him to go ahead with the job. He suggested that since they're in there they might as well recondition the head and that sounded ok too.

That was last week. He first said, it might take a week. I called him today to see how it's going, he told me they haven't got the head back from the shop they sent it to and it might take another week!!

Is that normal? Now, I'm not sure if I made the correct decision. He's not done us wrong in the past, but I'm wondering if he actually has the experience to work on the E320 etc

Anyway, maybe I'm just being a bit too anxious about all this but wanted to ask your guys opinion if two weeks is normal for a job like this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
-Ray