View Single Post
Old 12-17-2001, 01:50 AM

With every tank I put in a few ounces of the PowerService stuff, a half bottle of DFC or 85+, and a splash of Valvoline 2-cycle oil. On top of that, I pay $1.60 for diesel and get only about 25 MPG half city, half highway driving. Makes for a pretty expensive tank for me.

There was a small period of time when I used just the PS stuff and it alone seemed to make a difference. I really should run comparison tanks where I use PS in one, DFC in another, both in another, and nothing in another, and see how everything compares. I don't have the patience to do that and I really don't mind paying for all the additives so I just load up my tank.

I just bought myself the valve adjustment wrenches. I'm hoping that adjusting those will help improve my mileage a bit. It hasn't been done in atleast 40K miles. My car is running perfectly with good power, no oil consumption and no leaking fuel lines so I have to believe that the valve clearances are the only things holding my fuel economy back. Sorry for the digression.

Alex