View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Gene

Dale,

Just some thoughts, as I'm a few steps behind you...all this my recent research , summed, and imho

Running straight WVO in a high milage car is a roll of the dice. The motor has to be tight, coke free to do it best. Tired mills might get alot more tired with WVO ( as opposed to the purity of SVO.) Glow plug system must be 100%. Fuel preheaters in place ( the 95 has a HEATED winshield washer tank - INSTA preheater! ), and a well adjusted engine to eat it right.

I'm waiting for biobenz240d to invite me over when his new "still" is up and running so I can see what the process entails, and how "fussy" we can get with the filtrations.

I'll likely be using WVO that's been processed into bio, but, I'm still open to straight WVO if I can get my head around the "cleansing chemistry". Not about to ruin a perfectly good 222K 606 motor. One of those, " if it aint broke, dont fix it" types.

Definitely use a second tank for WVO. You'll always want some petro/bio on tap, and you need to warm WVO up all the way down the line.

I can see myself using a simple 1-2 gal underhood container which will do for commuting days!

Last edited by WINGAS; 05-29-2007 at 11:50 AM.