View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 02:24 PM

A few things to mention.
Straight WVO or VO needs to be heated to 160F+ to be at the proper viscosity. If not, it will coke and not atomize correctly when injected.
I personally do not like blending with RUG or Kerosene as I feel that you have the same problem even if it's somewhat thinner. (Some people swear by blending.)
IF you are going to run WVO or VO, I think injector line heaters are a must. However, one thing not mentioned on the type that I have is you should not run them with over 80% #2. ( a blend of #2 and WVO). You should also have a heated fuel filter to keep the WVO flowing. Granted, this is only if your climate is warm.
Do not run injector line heaters using a RUG blend. They get hot enough to vaporize the RUG, which I feel is a potentially dangerous situation. (As a side note, I put the injector line heaters on thinking I might run a blend of Bio-D and WVO during the summer. And yes, I will have a heated fuel filter. Currently, I have the fuse pulled on the injector line heaters pending installation of an on/off switch, also coupled with the ignition circuit)
All on B-100

Last edited by probear; 05-29-2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: keyboard malfunction :D