View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryR View Post
You are right! Nova Scotia is one of the world's prettiest places, and living here is a joy when you have a decent income. I was born in Lunenburg, went to school there, but moved to Amherst many years ago in pursuit of a newspaper career. However, when that didn't work out as planned, I eventually started work for the Canadina government, and stayed in the area due to havinh met the woman I would eventually marry. May 27th we celebrated 40 years of that marriage. Two children, now both well married and well placed in life, three grandchildren, all under 5, we're enjoying our retirement.
If you're ever looking for a place to visit, come to Nova Scotia, where the rum is excellent, the beer ever more so, the sights enjoyable and the prices are favorable, the children are beautiful, the men are handsome and the women are glad of it.
Regards
Jerry R in Amherst, NS
I'd love to visit Nova Scotia.

My best friend's mother is from Nova Scotia. She married an American a little over 50 years ago, moved to Missouri, and eventually settled in Southern California.

She speaks English and French, which seems strange to me, as I was under the impression that French is spoken only in Quebec.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".