View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Gene

I might be missing balls too Winmutt. The thing I should have done is to visually inspect the PC through the injector holes AND also do a compression test while the injs were out getting rebuilt. ( btw, finding a diesel at a pick a part in Buffalo is IMPOSSIBLE. Just didnt sell them up here.)

SB, read you loud and clear. I've put a few cams in before, and I've degreed a bunch of them. Can I, with a dial indicator, roll the motor over by hand and check opening/closing of the cams. Oh wait, thats relative to crank position, but still if I had a cam card I could see where the cam sits relative to crankshaft and then compensate the ip OR offset key the camshafts. And yeah, the 606 gots TWO of them.

I find the FSM dreadfully vague. Heck man, I couldnt even find a list of torque specs! this on that bogus CD/Rom version. Cam timing. Dream on. Not there.

Fellas, thnx for all your input and apologies in advance for being a diesel stooge. I'm learning though.

The car is now my daily, as I;ve given back the POS lease car I had. 42K and a bad rear wheel bearing. What crap.

This morning's ride in was better, with the EGR back on, the flappers seeing vacuum again, cetane boost in the fuel. Better. Much better. But, unfortunatley being quite fastidious about certain things and I cant leave it alone knowing its not right.

BTW, no 'puter in this 95, but what function does the "airvalve" or "opening sensor" serve just upstream of the air filter? Its not an electrical connection, but a vaccum one. What does this device control? Connects into the same fitting the EGR connects to, it seems. Mechanically connects to the throttle rod.

MPG is till stellar even with the anomoly going on. Cant imagine this car will get near 40mpg when its in proper tune.

Last edited by WINGAS; 06-21-2007 at 08:30 AM.