View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 12:28 AM
And I only had one lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf-n-Turf View Post
Soooo...now you like NewHaven??? WTF?
I'm just saying that NewHaven, is not as bad as he must be thinking it is. It is nowhere near as bad as a lot of other cities, that's for sure. I don't live there, and never have, but since it is the best, closest reference point on the map, I often use it as a point of location, on sites such as this. I could say Hamden, Greenwich, or Colchester, but a lot of people, have never even heard of those towns, so I just say Newhaven, or sometimes Hartford, as a reference point, merely as a big city reference. Since Ct. is so small, I very often actually have to tell people "Near NewYork City" if they ask where either Ct. or NewHaven is... Believe it or not, a lot of people in this country, or outside of it, have never even heard of Connecticut, and could not find it on a map to begin with. If I'm in L.A. and someone asks where I'm from, I just tell them NewHaven, Ct. If they are still stumped, I have to say, Near NewYork city, or even Use Yale, as a reference, because they just don't even know where I'm talking about if I don't explain it that way. So I stuck NewHaven, in the location slot, for the site, and stuck the town I grew up in 15 miles out of NewHaven, (yet, still in NewHaven county), as my location....It just makes things easier, for other people to get an idea of where I am. I've used NewEngland as a location, but some morons think I'm refering to England, the country, and they're even more confused then...Lack of education, is most peoples reason for it. Believe it or not, a lot of people were "sick that day", when they were supposed to be learning that in school....Understand now..?