View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Joseph Bauers

Again, I have to say that TXBill has summed up the issues perfectly. I NEVER expected a perfect bumper; on the contrary, I was aware of the flaws in the bumper that Donkey was willing to divulge, such as holes that had been drilled in the bottom to accommodate a hitch, and hairline scratches in the surface of the bumper. These were acceptable to me. What was NOT acceptable was the fact that the back-up lights mounting brackets had rotted off, or the fact that there was a rust hole clear through the bumper. The whole point was that I was looking for a bumper that would be an improvement over what was on the car. Clearly, Donkey misrepresented the condition of what he had to sell, and to compound things, he has--so far--failed to return the money he promised. To me, a man ought to live up to his promises. Maybe others think differently, but they live in a different world from the one that I inhabit.

As for "threats" left on his voice mail--I did say, with some frustration, that I wanted the money he promised. I repeatedly gave him my phone number and e-mail address so he could contact me privately if there was some problem that was causing the delay. And I gave him a full week's notice before I went on this board to warn others about his behavior. I have nothing to apologize for.

Joe Bauers
404 N. Willis Avenue
Champaign, IL 61821
217-359-4640
bauersjo@soltec.net